Saudi Arabia Residency Visa
A residence visa and permit for those who wish to work in the country are available, although they can take several months to be issued and both the employer and the applicant will need to submit a great deal of paperwork.
In order to apply you must have a formal job offer and a contract of employment. You cannot apply for either of these visas on speculation. In addition you must provide evidence of your professional and academic qualifications and undergo a medical examination.
Once all of this information has been submitted and checked you can obtain a visa number so that your passport can be stamped with the visa. When you arrive in Saudi Arabia the visa can then be converted to a residence permit.
It is possible when you arrive in the country you will be expected to undergo another medical examination. The permit you are issued with acts as your ID card and you must carry this with you at all times.
Saudi Residency visa requirements are as follows:
- Forward your passport, which must be valid for at least six (6) months from the application date and the passport has got at least two pages free, showing the applicant’s full name and date of birth.
- Foreign passport holders (i.e. not N.Z.) must have at least 6 month NZ visa (any type).
- Submit fully completed visa application form for all applications, either typed or neatly written in block letters.
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs must be loosely attached (not stapled) to the application form. Photographs should be approx 3×4 cm in size (passport size photo) and taken against a white or very light background.
- Number and date of your visa authorisation issued by the Saudi Foreign Ministry. This should be arranged by the sponsor in Saudi Arabia.
- For Residency visa only: applicants over 16 years old should provide original medical report form. A recent passport size photograph must be stapled to the form
- If children are included in the applicant’s passport, their name and photograph must be added on the passport by legal authorities. In Addition child’s latest immunization records
- Originals and copy of proof of relationship to the sponsor (Marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.)
- Police clearance ( record Name check is required) should be verified from the Internal Affairs.